State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Logo

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

Information on this page pertains only to out-of-state students taking courses online.

Nicolet College ensures that the programs the college offers comply with a state's regulations before offering instruction within that state. The state regulations of your state of residence determine whether Nicolet may offer you a place in a course or program which you complete from your out-of-state residence.

Nicolet College participates in the National Council of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). If you reside in one of the many states who participate in SARA, Nicolet College’s programs are available to you. This allows students from NC-SARA approved states to enroll in:

  • Online degree programs, certificates, and endorsements that include internships, externships, co-ops, field experiences, student teaching, and clinical placements, and
  • Campus-based courses with out-of-state internships, externships, co-ops, field experiences, student teaching, and clinical placements.

View the list of the states participating in SARA. If you do not live in one of the states participating in the SARA program please contact Nicolet College and we will assist you in determining if Nicolet programming can be made available to you.

As a student from a SARA state you enjoy several benefits, including a complaint process through which to resolve any complaints.

Complaint Process

Nicolet College is dedicated to providing the best possible student experience throughout your college years. When an issue is brought to our attention, Nicolet will intervene in the matter to seek resolution. Most complaints can be resolved utilizing the college complaint processes available:

Nicolet College Student Complaints and Grievances Policy and Procedure

Student rights and expectations are described in the Student Policies and Procedures. Nicolet College investigates the nature of complaints confidentially and impartially in order to achieve equitable settlements, connecting students to the appropriate party for issue resolution.

External Resources

If an issue cannot be resolved through the Nicolet College complaint process and you are residing in a SARA state, pursuant to the SARA Complaint Process, please contact the Wisconsin SARA State Portal Agency. You may also view the complaint reports for each state.